The Black Pearl, originally Wicked Wench, is a fictional ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. In the screenplay, the Black Pearl is easily recognized by her distinctive black hull and sails.
The ship was originally named Wicked Wench before she was ordered burned and sunk by Lord Beckett. It was later raised from the sea floor by Davy Jones after making a pact with Jack Sparrow who rechristened her the Black Pearl.
She is said to be “nigh uncatchable”. Indeed, in the three films she either overtakes or flees all other ships, including the Interceptor (regarded as the fastest ship in the Caribbean) and the Flying Dutchman (which is actually faster against the wind). Her speed is derived from the large amount of sails she carries. She is noted in At World is End as being “The only ship that can outrun the Flying Dutchman.”
Highlights about Black Pearl model ship:
- This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
- No kits are use
- Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
- Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkle
- Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood…., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
- The Black Pearl model ship is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.