The 17th century
Built in 1690, SAN FELIPE soon proved to be Spain’s most powerful fighting ship ever. Her slim profile and wide spread of sail bestowed great maneuverability and agility. She established herself very quickly as her impressive record in the first 4 years of service made her the flagship of the famous Spanish Armanda. Her role was not only as a warship but also to transport gold from the New World.
San Felipe held a very active major role in the war against Britain and France to protect Spanish settlements and harbors. The battle was considered a victory for Spain as 9 British and only 4 Spanish ships were lost. San Felipe herself sunk 2 ships-of-the-line and 1 frigate. This record still stands as of today.
Highlights about this San Felipe model ship:
- This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
- No kits are use
- Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
- Meticulously sewn sails, keep shape and do not wrinkle
- Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood…. all will go through processing step pre-construction.
- This San Felipe model ships are build according to scale through original plans, drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy.
There are no reviews yet.