The BLACK PEARL is a fictional ship in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film series. In the screenplay, the Black Pearl is easily recognized by her distinctive black hull and sails.
It had a theory that Black Pearl was the name of a real ship commanded by Captain Henry Morgan – one of the famous pirates in the world, launched in 1669.
The Black Pearl’s charm comes from a wild beauty and her mystical stories of the pirate world. In the movie, she was originally named Wicked Wench before she was ordered burned and sunk by Lord Beckett. She was a mystery black because of this reason. She was later raised from the sea floor by Davy Jones after making a pact with Jack Sparrow (by Johnny Depp) who rechristened her the Black Pearl. She is said to be “nigh uncatchable”, and be even faster than the ghost ship Flying Dutchman.
Highlights about Black Pearl model ship:
- This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
- No kits are use
- Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
- Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkle
- Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood…., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
- The Black Pearl model ship is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.